Just another day Just another miracle


To start with, it begins with the fact again, time to go on a journey again. The day was good, I began with the fact of being elated for the fact of watching the sun rise. The sun rise which was quite a bit of a beautiful scene in itself. There i was standing at the top of a small hillock, surrounded luckily with a bit of a greenery around. (yes, there is a bit of a greenery left around in Bangalore!!, rather strange for the garden city). Walking along in and around one of the large parks in Bangalore has its perks. You get to inhale all sorts of air, from the fresh dew drops nestling themselves gently on the grass to the point of having to bear the stench of every other open drain emitting all the needless flavor of the day before party. Well, cant help much can you.

Now back to the day to day story of living. It so happened that the trip to the park so early in the morning was just an excuse of getting back to shape or actually to keep myself from bloating up from further embarrassment. So there I was walking on a perfectly laid joggers track with just a few potholes because of the rain the day before. Being a fairly big park the walk was rather just going on and on. Fresh from the enthusiasm of watching the sunrise the walk began, breaking into a bit of short sprints (more so to escape from the stench of the drains passing beneath!). So far so good. Then came the best stretch of the walk. A neat straight line of views and experiences to be cherished for a long time to come.

I started dragging my sagging body aching all over, panting and all of that with a slow brisk walk. Strange fact, the presence of at least one dog is always a given in any of the commonest parks in Bangalore. Thus said, these are actually the rightful benefactors of the park. Living and letting us puny humans live along with them in these beautified parks. I just happened to see of the corner of my eye that a beautifully wagging tail of a dog equally majestic! Because of my previous experiences I just stood there with reason enough expecting another miracle to happen.

And the same did happen. The dog, in all of its majestic nature was busy sniffing through a big bundle of clothes. The bundle was being dragged by another canine (not a antagonist guys!) in search of food. The one with the majestic tail went ahead in all of its heroic need of food dragged the bundle back from the other one. It did leave back a few clothes for the other dog as well (no survival of the best here, survival of everybody was the action here). Sniffing harder the dog suddenly got rather very conscious. I thought, lucky dog, managed to get its food without having to be beaten up by bosses around it. But that was not the case to be! Confused, read on...


The dog slowly and rather very carefully whatever was left of the pieces of cloth under the shade of the nearby dry. Cleared the grass and ensured the land was dry behind it and further more with a sudden turn of event turned around, looking at my fat body approaching it, gave a snarling growl. Startled I just parked myself on a nearby bench just far enough from the dog, yet close enough to see its actions. Truthfully after all the walking the bench was rather inviting as well. A royal cushion to my aching bones! Yet, the surprise of what the dog was doing was even more surprising.

The scene was set like this. I was seated at the bench, the dog at about a distance of 10-15 feet and at a distance of about 100 feet running parallel to me, the dog under the tree and the park was a major railway line. The dog meanwhile was slowly and meticulously was removing every bit of the knotted bundle of clothes individually. Such was the pace of its handiwork- or mouth work that it was finally a long time that I realized that it was not food that the dog was after. Under the faint sound of a trains horn blowing at a distance, I was startled out from cozy seat and fell to the ground to realize the miracle I saw. The dog had finally managed to unravel the mysterious bundle of cloth thus revealing the secret of its patient perseverance. The scene which beheld my surprise was that the volley of scenes that played out next. Here sitting in front of a park bench looking at a very hungry dog persevering to remove the knots of a bundle of clothes.

The dog slowly poked its nose at something which I could not see inside the cloth bundle. Despite its constant attempts whatever that was inside the bundle was not responding, living or dead, I could not decipher form where I was. Adding to the intensity of the moment was the sudden in crease of the blow of a train horn. Slowly I just craned my neck to see the full view, I was almost on my stomach now to realize the secret of the dog which was still poking its nose into the bundle of clothes. With a high crescendo the train reached a spot on the track where it sounded the loudest to us.

And then it happened, with the fading crescendo, the dog's perseverance finally paid out, a small puppy popped out its head out of the bundle to lick the dog's nose and pranced away to enjoy the fruits of living another day. Relieved and happy to see the dog actually playing along with the puppy later on I found myself strangely and very rightfully motivated and happy through the rest of the day What might be the miracle you ask me, nothing much just that the puppy was abandoned by a very grumpy looking street cleaner two days ago yesterday, in the same park. The man looking at my strange looks at him abandoning a puppy had said “ The vet said that this dog will not live for not more than an hour, so am leaving it here as I know the cleaners van would be back in an hour to clean up the mess'. This was something I heard 48 hours ago!!

Comments

  1. Wow!!! An amazing true story written in such a clear cut & descriptive manner except for a little dragging suspense at the end. Speaking about the characterization & actions of the rightful inheritor of the earth - the dog with the 'majestic' tail, is simply superb. Not many would observe the details in such a keen manner as far as I know [different with regard to animal lovers]. A small puppy coming out of the bundle of clothes is the best part & real heart touching scene [at least for me].
    On the whole, the blog is too good!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

adding along a tail

Broodings

Failing words