A promised story..

What do you mean you do not know?.

I meant what I said I...do....not..know..

How can you but not know...
Well, you can sit there and keep asking me all the questions to which I know not the answers to. Or you can sit there and count the phonetics of the words.. either way.. I.. do..not...know...
Asking questions were easier, but curiosity all around went too far in terms of what was known and what was unknown.
†****************†

Two friends met at a park after a long time. They eat and had a chat of lives of the world, lives of others universes and also their own. One was scarred, one undecided. Yet all there was was life, in its base form of survival and beyond.

The park was a fairly large one. This was one of those Parks which was converted from a lake to a lake side park with business to boot and events to be done as well.
Thankfully, apart from the lake (with some life in it) which was feeding a nearby swimming pool, a little bit of the trees were also left. The benches to were in a fairly moderate condition. Advertisements and social messages against PDA not withstanding, it served two purposes. One, pigeons had a perfect place to GO. Two, people could manage to sit on it, where applicable...

Given the lake view, people thronged in their myriad forms. The serious joggers, casual walkers to intermediate health enthusiasts. Added into the mix, were the usual eccletic mix of running children, socially concerned senior citizens, equally socializing groups of men women and children.. each with their own causes... a sound riot in all. What outlook for a couple of hours everyday in the lake park was pure human machinery at work. The panting of joggers to the palpable excitement of new shoes, all were taken in good stride and absorbed within the sea of floors, fauna and of course the humanity.


The friends sat down at a relatively cleaner bench. Or so they thought.. One being scarred and one being undecisive, it came down to a point of action where all that remained was talking of society and it's concerns naked week within their experiences of the good, the bad and the ugly.
F1: so this new technology is releasing the market. I hope that it does have an effect on calls.
F2: I do not know
F1: I think I may be putting on weight, what do you see.. oh you know xyz from our class, they got married...
F2: I do not know
F1: what I really wanted to tell you was, I think I may still not be ready about marriage. Do you know anything about marriage.
F2: I do not know?

F1: How can you but not know...
F2: Well, you can sit there and keep asking me all the questions to which I know not the answers to. Or you can sit there and count the phonetics of the words.. either way.. I.. do..not...know...

Asking questions were easier, but curiosity all around went too far in terms of what was known and what was unknown. A bunch of highly energised walkers passed them while they were having this conversation and as usual everybody sized up everybody and a lot of thoughts were thrown out in the air.
They look slimmer, wonder what they does to keep fit?
They look fatter than me, that tea obviously works,
They both look better than me, but I bet they dont work on their calves like I do
Wonder why kids sit in the park instead of working out or at least walk, kids these days
They must be well off to do this, when I was young,,
That's my regular bench, why are they sitting there, look at them with their smug faces,,

And the rest went on... But the friends had by now moved on to an issue to which both had some strong reactions in their recent past. One scarred and one undecided.

F1: so you believe in humanity? Not humans but humanity

F2: I may know something of that, hear this experience of mine and you may know what I mean.. and stop fiddling with that phone, please..


I was in a phase of life much disturbed and stressed. It was neither work nor life, neither internal nor external, yet the only emotion I was left with was a strong sense of existentialism and questioning the meaning of life. Guess everyone does go through it sometime or I do not know.

So, there I was in a phase of life, instead of accepting it for what it was, reading and making up preposterous  meanings of and within itself.
A simple action and reaction led to metaphysical thoughts of who what when why where how and a lot more. Little did I realise that life teaches lessons and humanity destroys what there is in the meaning of teaching it.

So, after one intensely emotional day, all I wanted to do was cry, yet all I could do with tears in my eyes was  hold it back, for what would humanity think and say. Sitting in a bus, drowning myself away from the sounds, I was crying, making excuses of.. am allergic to dust..

The overwhelming activity of life around only added to the visions of dejection and depression.. a street vendor asking for some in a poor condition. A liking dog waiting about with its broken leg and in to of it.. humans HUMANS IN THEIR TRUE BASE FORM of anger, jealousy, hatred and all the forms of gives that one blames them for.. all of this and more and when the well was to burst out and fall away a person knocks on my elbow and asks (very well knowing how to read the direction of the bus board) ... does this go to XYZ... with a sheepish grin...

All I could muster with a lump in my throat was .. nnnn no...No...

And then it hit through.. the floodgates receded to whence they came from.. the scars began to heal and the fact came to be realised..

All the pain that I ever shall experience and all the pain.. I am subjected to begin and end at the first word.. I..
Then came reflections, reflections of not things and actions surrounding humanity as an evidence away and as abstract as my own narration here.. not all are as they seem.  And what was left was empathy.. that too left after a while and this was left with silence.

What way left was just the activity of life.. Sharing in happiness and sorrow. Reflecting forms of what was showed on the soul was all that was left.. after this, life threw a few volleys.. theft, dejection, despair and disappointment, death. All but one were left at the altar of the I and life with humanity moved on...


F1: all I asked was humanity, not a life history.. oh wait, do you know about this new piece of technology.

F2: I .. Do. Not.. Know..

Comments

  1. A well-kept promise. I don't think I have read anything this deep lately. This gives me the vibes of a Horcrux. You killed demotivation and split your soul, a part of which resides in this piece now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Gaia, promises are promises, thank you for the inspiration to write this.

      Delete
  2. Truly "a promised story"! Your story is rich with philosophical musings, and it is but reality, a reality which we have observed, perceived, contemplated, and interpreted - yet it still remains a reality which we "do not know".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you say I write effortlessly, thank you little panda for the kind words, as to I can write comment.. I do not know

      Delete
    2. And the comment too writes itself effortlessly!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

adding along a tail

Broodings

Failing words